Women’s Health Physiotherapy addresses issues with the pelvic floor, a complex group of muscles that support and control the pelvic organs. Problems can occur when these muscles are too weak (hypotonic) or too tight (hypertonic), leading to issues with urination, bowel movements, child birth and intercourse.
These issues can cause significant discomfort and embarrassment. Most women do not know that help is available to strengthen the pelvic floor. We are here to rehabilitate you in a totally professional, non-judgmental and confidential manner.
Pregnant women may choose to undertake Women’s Health Physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles, which assists in reducing pelvic pain, easing natural child birth and boosting recovery after birth.
Key Services Provided
The International Physiotherapy Centre provides treatment for a number of issues relating to Women’s Health, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Bowel incontinence
- Urgency & control issues
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Strengthening during pregnancy
- Pelvic pain during pregnancy
- Weakness, scarring, pain & rehabilitation after birth
- Sexual dysfunction & dyspareunia
- Chronic pelvic area pain
- Rectal dysfunction
Our Women’s Health Physiotherapists employ a variety of clinically-proven healing techniques, depending on your symptoms and what you are comfortable with:
- Pelvic floor re-training & exercises
- Stability exercises in abdominal & back muscles
- Manual therapy techniques
- Electro-stimulation & EMG re-education therapy
- Myo-fascial release
- Relaxation & breathing techniques
- Advice on sleeping & bathroom positions
- Building awareness of the pelvic floor muscles
Please contact us in order to better understand how our highly-trained Women’s Health Physiotherapists can help you.